Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Friendship Jeopardy Game

As you saw in my previous post, I have a few students I target social skills with. While I do spend time discussing and teaching the skills/strategies, I also love to give my students a chance to practice these skills. You can work on social skills by playing almost any game, but I wanted something more specific for them. Therefore, I created the Friendship Jeopardy game. Now, most of my students didn't really know what Jeopardy was, so I had to talk to them about game having categories and that each question is assigned a dollar value. Even though they had never seen the game show, they were hooked once I told them they could earn pretend money! Who wouldn't be?!?!

The game is attached for you to use and try in your rooms. To make the game podiums, I glued the squares on the first two pages of the attachment to small, manilla envelopes. Once the envelopes were laminated, it allowed the students to write/sign their names and track their money by using a dry erase marker. It was great to work on some math skills, too! To play the game, I laid the money on the table under the category labels. When you're playing it, I encourage you to ask a few follow-up questions to your students (i.e., "What might this person think about you if you said that?", "How might that make you feel?")....I never let mine get away with a short answer! I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!

Game download: Friendship Jeopardy

1 comment: