Thursday, December 13, 2012

Welcome!

Well hello there! I am so eager to begin this blog as writing and sharing about some of the happenings in my speech room is something I have been wanting to do for awhile. I titled this blog "The Gift of Gab" because I truly do see communication as an incredible gift, and I love watching my students expand their communication skills....plus, every SLP just loves a good idiom : ). Here's a little bit about me:

- I've been a speech-language pathologist for 2 years
- I'm originally from Iowa, but I currently reside in Kansas
- I went to the UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA for my undergraduate and graduate degress (Go Panthers!)
- In my free time (ha!), I love crafting, organizing, reading, and getting in a good workout
- I LOVE cupcakes (hence the need for a good workout)

That's the basics! I hope to begin posting soon on some of the activities you can find in my speech room. Please be patient with me as I am learning how to do all of this! I hope you can find something useful or insightful from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment